The New York State Association for Women in Administration was established in 1990 to address the lack of women in educational leadership positions. It was the genesis of a group of individuals who met to develop at statewide network, now known as NYSAWA. This group determined to create programs to identify and promote women in leadership.
- Women make a positive difference as leaders.
- Women are catalysts for others to reach their full potential.
- Organizations are strengthened by valuing and honoring equity and diversity.
- Leaning in enriches the lives and leadership of women.
- Female and male leaders working together strengthen organizations.