The Harpursville Central School District is seeking an educational leader with a proven record of administrative accomplishments. The board has identified several characteristics that are most desirable in the new superintendent. The candidate should be one who:
- Shows a genuine concern for children, as demonstrated by listening, being visible and known to them, and being involved in their education and activities.
- Has a leadership style built upon trust, enthusiasm, compassion, courtesy, transparency, attention to detail, and strong moral and ethical values.
- Is able to foster a strong, positive organizational culture and climate.
- Exhibits good judgment, is patient in dealing with others, and shows evidence of stability and integrity under pressure.
- Will be active and visible in our schools and the community.
- Is approachable and a good communicator.
- Has a passion for learning and is knowledgeable about the NYS learning standards and curriculum and instruction.
- Has a successful record in raising academic achievement, excellent management and problem-solving skills, and a collaborative leadership style.
- Has the ability to assess and evaluate all levels of the organization and make appropriate instructional and fiscal recommendations and decisions.
- Possesses or is eligible for certification as a NYS school district administrator.
Feb. 10, 2023