The City School District of Albany Board of Education is seeking an educational leader with a proven record of success in urban educational systems. The successful candidate will:
- Be a COLLABORATIVE LEADER with ability to inspire and motivate staff and build a positive organizational culture, and to develop trusting relationships with and among the board, faculty, staff, administrators, families, and community. We need a leader who will seek input from others, listen intently, and act with integrity, honesty, and transparency.
- Be committed to EQUITY and have experience serving a socioeconomically, culturally, and racially diverse student population, improving access for all students, regardless of background, and be steadfastly committed to success for Albany students and their families.
- Be expert in FINANCE AND OPERATIONAL SYSTEMS including human resources, district budgeting and finance, building maintenance, facilities improvement, communications, and transportation, and have a track record of working collaboratively with staff to identify problems and implement systemic improvements.
- Be an INSTRUCTIONAL LEADER with a keen understanding of current research in pedagogy, the experience and foresight to understand how administrative decisions affect teaching and learning, and the capacity for bringing about meaningful positive change through collaboration and consensus.
About the position
The Board of Education will offer a three-year contract with a regionally competitive salary, commensurate with the preparation, qualifications, experience, and record of the successful candidate, as well as an attractive benefits package. The Board of Education prefers that the successful candidate reside in the city of Albany.
- Application materials must be postmarked by April 5, 2023.
- Anticipated appointment in June 2023.
- Anticipated start date no later than September 2023.
Candidates should mail the following by April 5, 2023:
- Cover letter, current resume and a list of five professional references.
- All certificates. (Candidates must hold or be eligible for New York State School District Administrator certificate.)
Materials should be mailed to Anita M. Murphy, District Superintendent c/o Sharon Kisby Capital Region BOCES 900 Watervliet-Shaker Road Albany, NY 12205 (518) 862-4901